This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


No Country For Old Men

This movie features a psychopathic killer without a shred of human emotion. We now forbid our children from playing on the streets, and instead allow them hours in front of the computer, video game, or TV to keep them safe from such a character. Meanwhile, the 99.9% who crave human contact, the outdoors, and community have padlocks and steel bars over our windows fearing for our lives. Our need for security creates more fear, and isolates us even more from each other. For such advances in technology and society, we are more afraid of each other than ever before. This is a breeding ground for even more violent acts towards each other; the less connected we are to each other, the easier it is to victimize them.

Say hi to that stranger today.

Do what I fear the most. http://ezinearticles.com/?Do-What-You-Fear-Most&id=3744944

No comments:

Post a Comment