This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Fear Is The Mind Killer


Going deeper and deeper into my hole of fear and depression, I haven't been able to think straight, nor sleep well. Things get worse, and feel worse. The struggle is that there is nothing to fear in front of me, only in my subconscious. Getting clear today, I realized my biggest fears stem from a fear of not having money - of not being able to make a living. So, I hold back, in case I ruin my chances of making money. At least without trying I can imagine that I would be able to make money. I grew up without it, which is even more befuddling. So, end of story. Fear is ridiculous. It's not real. And it can take your life, and many many years with it if you let it. Some quotes I liked seeing today:

"Character can not be
developed in ease and quiet.
Only through experience of
trial and suffering can the
soul be strengthened, vision
cleared, ambition inspired
and success achieved."
Helen Keller
"The Future belongs
to the RISK TAKERS,
not the security seekers.

The more YOU seek security,
the less of it YOU will have.

The more YOU seek opportunity,
the more security
YOU will achieve."

Ted Keyes
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career.
I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times,
I’ve been trusted to take the game
winning shot and missed.
I’ve failed over and over and
over again in my life.
And that is why I succeed.”
Michael Jordan

God, I am such a fool sometimes believing in these ridiculous fears. Moving on! I know that if i just had a small little life, i might not feel these things, but i want so many things and there's nothing wrong with that. Starting now, I will work everyday to create positivity in my life, and work through fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment