This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Gratis

Nalmir was working at the office today, so he couldn't meet me at the dealership to talk with his cousin. Instead, he asked Joao to take me down there on his bike at 8 this morning. Once we got there, I was nervous everytime someone came near me with paperwork, expecting some ridiculous bill. Went back to speak with Nalmir's cousin, 'Cheffe', the owner, and without speaking portuguese, i was thinking our conversation was spelling 'big bucks'. Finally, he motions his hand out the door, and wishes me a good journey. "What? Are you kidding me? No charge, no cost, no nothing?" Nope. Not a charge. 2 days in the shop, they had that goddamn bike ripped apart and with a professional Yamaha certified mechanic, fixed all the oil leaks on my bike, a brand new battery, several gaskets, and did a total point inspection on the bike.

FREE, FREE, FREE. Cost anywhere else? $1000 easy. We're going out for dinner tonight and I'm half expecting them to ask me to shake down a couple old shopkeeps for unpaid dues........ small price to pay though! the journey has been so blessed in this way: it's the 3rd mechanic who has not charged me for their services. Now if we can just get the captains from columbia to panama to do the same............

In other news, ketchup in brasilian portuguese is 'ketchupay'. Ok 1 down, 60,000 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment