This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Letter from Mom

Hi J. Thanks for changing your blog picture. What is it?Eye-rolling smile

We are having a wintery kind of day today. SnowyStorm cloud and a cold breeze. The kind of day to stay inside. Sounds like you are not having a good day again.Sad smile Maybe it's time to move on.
You seem to get down whenever you stay in one place toooo long. Not enough to keep you busy??
or too much time to think??Think No Vitamin C!!!

Not sure why you need to stay til the Carnival??? Is it that BIG a deal.?What I'm thinking your health situation it may be a good idea to come home a bit sooner. You are getting TOOOOOO many "black hole sessions toooo close together>


Actually we have been thinking....Laugh...Smile........"oh ya I know another Mom Talk"Crazy

Wrong this is a Dad thing.Smile We are getting itchy feet to go somewhere he thought............
We'd fly down and meet you somewhere in the States. ie..Disney World, Dallas, Disneyland or a place
you may think of.
We'd pay to have you bike shipped home and you could flyAirplane and meet us when you are ready.
Jodi is getting her passport so sounds like she may be interested. So far this is only in the dream stage but thought we'd thro' it out to you.

What do ya think about that..???????Wink

Get your thinkin' capThink on so we can watch for seat sales.

Have your Swiss friends left now?

Guess that's all for now. Skype us if you feel like talking. It helps you know.
We will be home tonight.

Luv fromSecret telling smile Left hugLeft hugLeft hugHot smileRight hugRight hugRight hug sounds like you need an extra hug.Red lipsRed lipsRed heartRed heartRed heartRed heartRed heart

lol ok tell me when you're home again. all questions will be answered......now!

no i didn't hear it's under water. better reason to wait here.

ok first, it's the sign of the gymnasium so surprised it's only 17 years old but settling in.

not good days are important, because they always come before good days.

too much time to think. yes. but no matter where i live, i'm going to have to go through this. this is the main reason i did this, was to be away from all my safety nets, so i can finally come to terms with my anxiety and fears and thoughts. it's working. do you remember how bad i was a week off of work in stettler? i don't want to have to always work so hard to drown my thoughts. i want to be ok completely relaxed.

The reason there's more black holes, is because i'm staying in one place. I can't run away from them.

and yes, carnaval is a big deal, because it's what i said i would do. my current health situation is one where i have dealt with anxiety for 14 years, and haven't taken the time to adequately go through it. it is a brain habit, and one that takes a great deal of work, and personal discipline to successfully do it. it takes time. I request that you support me in this venture, and read this email when you start to worry.

i'm not so sure about this itchy feet thing. You two have had dr. scholl's spray for 70 years, so i'd be surprised if you've really got itchy feet.

i've got to find out about my swiss friends, haven't heard from them in awhile.... i'll send an email.

We'll talk later,

love j

No comments:

Post a Comment