This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Black Hole

Well, I've dug myself quite a dark black hole. I have stripped myself of everything I enjoy, and thrown myself into a country where i don't speak the language. My bike is totally ripped apart, the one thing I could escape on, and the blackness is digging in it's heels. I can just feel it all over my body, creeping in and taking hold. Fascinating! Going back to the good ole days don't exist anymore. I am now on the verge of being one of those homeless crazy guys with nothing. i'm without a place to hide, a place of comfort, a place of life and love.

This is the situation i've waited for. The lowest low. I can't believe it's happening again. I've worked so hard, and done so much. it just keeps creeping back. always there, waiting. i just don't want to be an inspiration to myself right now.

one of the biggest bear traps is comparing myself to a perfect image - one that doesn't feel stress, makes easy decisions, does the right thing basically has absolutely no strife in life. So many people seem this way to me - they seem to feel good all the time, no stress, no worries, don't think about things; i know it's not true but just like an anorexic it' distorted thinking and it's torture. i'm this fragile human being throwing myself to the wolves to see what i'm made of, to scare the humanness out of me perhaps.

i just feel that unless i'm perfect, and feel perfect there's really no sense in continuing on. Not a cry for help. Just being honest with where i'm at right now. Wow and nobody's good enough, because i'm not good enough. It's time to be rid of this nonsense again, and move the fuck on.

1 comment:

  1. Jason,

    i see your facebook updates all the time and they always make me smile... occasionally i'm drawn to read your blog... you know, I figure i'll read a day or two worth of your adventure and next thing I know I end up back on the side of the street n' it's mid november... n' i'm like WOW!!! sell your writing bro!!! SELL IT!!! I'd be at the book launch and buy a few copies of the book for my friends and family... I'll get me a scalped ticket for the movie premier and i'll even crash the after-party too!!! dead dogs and their best buddies waiting for them to wake up... chavez... 4 days on a boat... tao...

    me... my rest-less nomad spirit longs to be on the open road again with crazy my mexican dawg.. just doin' it!

    YOU... crazy?... nope! oh to be A blade of grass (and to actually KNOW it, HONOUR it and EMBRACE it)!!!

    ride on! write on!!! RIGHT ON!!!

    peace!

    -Y!

    ReplyDelete