This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Infinite Worlds

Each of these businesses I visited today have a story; each person who works in these stores have an endless array of ups and downs and in betweens. Like Karam, a Lebanese Jewellery Store owner whose brother lives in Edmonton, who was helped by a Canadian named Greg who gave him $60,000 interest free to buy his house, car, and restaurant. Karam believes in world peace, and that there is one life, and that it should be lived to experience: other cultures, other languages having lived and visited England, France, and Latin America. From large grocery stores to high fashion to hair stylists - anyone could be a potential english student. I spent some time speaking with Aerton from the Assemblico de deus about teaching for an entire month. Their rooms rent out at $80 real for the whole day - a marked improvement in price. Hey, selling is not for me as a day after day reality. It's an exhausting experience for me trying to keep my head straight, and feeling physically positive about how things go. The reality is that someone can go door to door for 10 years and not make a single sale. You have to push things a bit, and risk the chance of offending, or stepping on toes. That part I could do without. But, it keeps me busy here, and sure is a hell of a good way to learn a Language FAST! I am using Spanguese at a rapid pace. Oh, and I kissed a girl....... and liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment