This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Beautiful Daze

Feeling great these days, working at stringing together some disciplined days of exercise and EFT (emotional freedom technique) which involves tapping certain areas of the body, and repeating a phrase to release emotions. that combined with a good 1/2 hr. run, and a little computer game to get my mind off things it's feeling very very positive. I think I could have a very nice little relationship with the food down here, and with some caution (cause brasil food isn't quite sure about me yet) we could fall in love. Will have to watch myself - there's lots o calories in those sausages / chicken/ beef rolled in deep fried batter........

I guess all I really have to worry about now is doing too much. I want to play guitar and sing for people down here, teach English, sell some writing, learn Portuguese & more Spanish, take people on tours, but to get rich you have to focus on something and get really good at it. God, I know i can let myself do what I love to do, but what happens when it involves something I'm afraid of? It's crazy..... something like someone who loves to be a gold miner, but is claustrophic!!!! AAAHHHH! Oh well, it gives me something to rail against.

Now, to get going on contacting people and putting my writing out there. This has been the crux of it all........ as soon as I started thinking about money and how i was going to earn it, my black holes started coming..... then I stopped being social to try and figure it out, which made things infinitely worse and started a cycle. All there is, is to face the rejection, and go towards a YES. Its what I've been avoiding for 14 years.......... all this unnecessary pain and trouble. Oh well, I guess I am human after all. I saw a quote from Thomas Edison today from Joel on fb and it was perfect timing:
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."

After receiving my first "Thanks Jason but we are going to pass. Good luck on your travels. Becky" messages back from newspaper editors, it is a no-brainer to commit to persistence. What else is there, after all?

I joked on our WHINEY SNIVELY WEATHER GROUP on fb that I've been getting so used to the plus 30 amazon weather that I think about putting long sleeves on whenever it dips below 25! Sure to get some bitches about that one ;-). I love that this world is big enough to have so many different things going on at anyone time....... imagine! All the heartaches, joys, deaths, births, excitement, anger, fears, beauty, bad and good weather, everything. It's overwhelming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment