This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Thousand Oaks, CA

*M*A*S*H* was filmed in these hills. What a short commute for the actors like Alan Alda who may have lived in Thousand Oaks! Finish the shoot, and be in the pub for 9. It would be rare these days to have such a successful, and long running show. The 1960's boosted the area's prominence when the first of the large scale developments came to town. Since then, 'T.O.', as the locals call it, has become one of the safest, best places to live in the United States. Such a contrast to L.A. Big on families, and community, this city has a small-town feel and all that a metropolis has to offer.
We all went down to see Michael's brother Alex play flag football. The coach was pretty intense, but he seemed responsible with how he communicated to these kids, and also to give them inspiration. This was followed up with a multi-birthday party at Mark and Sheila's house. Michael, his brother Alex, Uncle Earl, and Great Grandma all have birthdays in the same month, so we had a whole bunch of tri-tip steak, bbq chicken, ceviche, home-made salsa & chips, and wine/beer. They have a big, gorgeous house with a huge backyard that goes down into the valley, with a swimming pool and hot tub too. The house was full of kids, laughter and good times.
Paula and I had a wonderful walk through a local park here, that boasted several horse trails with magnificent scenery. I'd never seen so many cacti in my life. Michael's friend made some prickly pear jelly and I tried it, almost like strawberry, but like rhubarb needs a lotta shuga. Seems I was so impressed I just couldn't stay out of them. It was the first time in 10 days that PJ and I really got to hang out. The outlook of the trip has altered for a moment; I now have some trepidation of the trip, and am reluctant to leave the safe confines of T.O. It has become an impromptu home, but once again, I must leave. Insecurities, fears, doubts, and laziness must be abolished, again and again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment