This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Motela Espinita

I just fell in love with the people at the Motela Espinita I had to stay longer. I promised I would do some painting for them; the place was looking a little run down, and there was just something missing. There was so much love, and family, and friendship here, why the hell wouldn't you want to promote it? The owner, Francisco, said he would pick up some paint for me so I could do it up for him. I think he forgot. We're on Mexican time here, y'know? So, I'm trying out some free-flow writing here - I understand everyone from my best friend to my mom is reading this right now, and under the premise that you can't make everyone happy, I'm going to try and not for a change. I'll make myself happy. Just so you know, that concept scares the bejeezus out of me. Oh well, I haven't done enough things today that scare me. I hope you enjoy.
Mexico is one of the biggest states of machismo in the world. The guys are still slapping the women around down here, but women are starting to put a stop to that, they're saying "no". I have been in this town for 3 days and 2 nights, and I've befriended the owners of this place, some locals, and I'm working on the militaria. Next is the policia. I just smile like a guy who doesn't have a clue, and they seem to warm right up. Raul tells me journalism is a dangerous job here.

No comments:

Post a Comment