This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Pyramid Lakes

An other-worldly site greeted me about an hour's drive south from Gerlach. It was Pyramid Lake, which had a deep blue hue and a large pyramid shaped island in the distance. The perfect shot taunted and tempted me closer, but alas, it did not happen. The town of Nixon is part of the Pauite Indian Reservation, and I got talked into having an Indian Taco from a trailer set up by the gas station. About 5 little children were running around, asking about the motorbike, almost burning their hands on the exhaust pipes from curiousity. Two of their moms were making the tacos in the trailer, and had 60 people waiting for them the day before, Monday, which is traditionally the most common day for exodus from Burning Man. I instead had an audience to myself with great service, and some fun watching the kids crawling on vehicles, and running over to the store for candy. Their grandpa had just shown up with some money.
This was the intersection of 447 south, and west to Reno, so a quick turn past Pyramid Lake, up the hill, and onward to civilization. As I drove towards the setting sun, I wondered how people lived here, all year round, in this desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment