This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Super Wal-Mart


My mom, sister and I have a running joke going about Wal-Mart. I send them the 'People of Wal-Mart' emails, and the articles on poor employee relations without benefits, cheap Chinese goods entering the market and destroying local jobs, and most importantly forever changing the variety, and value of main streets around the world. You should have seen me Thursday afternoon at the Super Wal-Mart in Winnemucca, or at least the look on my face when I realized I could buy EVERYTHING I needed from one store. Regardless of a company's background, people vote with their wallets, and Wal-Mart is taking over the world one country at a time. How do you compete with convenience, and low prices? Why wouldn't you want to shop at Wal-Mart, unless you've got enough money not to? Anyways, you can officially call me the hypocrite of the day, and I gained a valuable lesson in humility. Now, to try and squeeze six bags of food onto the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment