This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Drug Wars

I've asked the opinions of a couple Mexican friends of mine here in Guerrero Negro, about their opinion on the drug wars.  First, the government opened their big mouths and said "don't worry about the violence with cartels, they're only killing each other".  When the cartels heard this, they started killing innocent civilians to prove that they were serious about their protest.  In short, the government, police, and army are favouring some cartels, and calling out others.  This angers them obviously as they feel unfairly treated, and retaliate accordingly.  They spend a big chunk of their money on defence, such as serious weapons.  Their weaponry is far superior to the policia and militaria, as they must not only wait for their budgets from the government, but have numerous other concerns to worry about. 
It's ridiculous to worry about the supply, when the demand is so huge.  North American drug usage and consumption is enormous enough to whet the appetite of any Mexican, Central or South American ambitious enough to take a chance.  Mexico is the bottleneck by land, and despite recent improvements with a new President, 2 mayors in Sinaloa were assassinated recently. 
Mi amigo told me this country is a dangerous one for journalists, and I believe him.


 Here's another article, with more information, and other links on the subject:
http://www.zimbio.com/Sinaloa+Cartel/articles/bjm17Mi2l7H/Mayor+Marco+Antonio+Leal+Garcia+Murdered+Victim

No comments:

Post a Comment