This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Fresh Breath of Air

It has seemed like I have been in an iron lung for awhile, and I think hating my existence at times. I've created so many rules for my life, like "I can't do that, it costs money", or "I can't do this, I don't have time". I can even take it as far sometimes as "I can't do it because it takes electricity and causes waste." I think society has rules too: figure this shit out yourself, or don't bother us. A lot of people fall through the cracks, and when separated from their families of origin, childhood friends, and mentors, it is near impossible to pull oneself back up.
With all these thoughts it was nice today to get a fresh breath of air, some perspective and to take the weight of the world off my shoulders, if even for a brief moment. It's at these times I find it easier to find inspiration, easier to find positives that I can use in my life. Draped over it all, is a belief in oneself, paramount to everything. Even if your writing, or your art, or your product never sees the light of day, at least you feel good about yourself. The abyss is not HIV, car accidents, murderers, it is a low self-esteem. You have the same thing as everyone else - a wonderful brain that can help, or hinder. Ever wonder how the New Kids On The Block stayed sane? No matter what was going on, they had to put a positive spin on it:
"Was it a surprise to me to see the Backstreet Boys on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine? It was, because Rolling Stone was the rock n' roll Bible and we were voted worst band, worst tour, worst singers, worst everything during our career he says. "So it was ironic to see Backstreet Boys on there, but that's how things change. MTV used to boycott our videos and now its all teenagers screaming and yelling and carrying on the way they used to ridicule our fans for doing. Was I bitter about it? No. Not at all. I think one day MTV woke up and said, We're turning all these young girls away, we better start playing what they like" - Donnie Wahlberg

No comments:

Post a Comment