This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Communication

Well folks, I now know how to communicate. First, I let go of all my thoughts about myself, and just focus on what the other person is not only saying, but what is behind what they're saying. Every single human being communicates from some need to say something, and if you can get to that, you're home free. Once that person really feels listened to truly, they calm down, and respond calmly. That's right. Calmly. But only with a committed listener. It takes some training to get to this point, but once you're there, it's absolutely marvelous to be around people. I hated people before this course. Now, I feel connected. So guess what? No need for lawyers, no need for wars, no need for counsellors, no need for psychiatrists, no need for murders, no need for anything that hurts us, and makes us crazy. I won't make any apologies for this. I risked losing one of my best friends yesterday by getting angry with him about an email about muslims. It was a message that I've seen fly around the net so many times about the muslims taking over the world. Is this a soccer game or something? I wish it was, but the reality is people are violently killed based on what god they believe in. At least in a soccer game, you can go home to your wife and kids after your team wins and loses. I was angry, not at him, but at the implications of that message being sent around the world - and some person who reads it and gets scared could conceivably assassinate the President of the United States, just because he was seen entering a mosque. We are all connected, and everything we do has a cause, and an effect. We just live in such a big and disconnected world that it's hard to know where our communication will end up. On the positive side, you never know when a kind word will end up making a difference on the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment