This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Lazy Communicator

If I could have just taken that extra moment to get into someone's world, or summon that extra ounce of courage, I could contribute to that person, and I would contribute to myself, just as well. For that matter, an extra moment in thinking about how it can be said does not stifle me, it only stops me from being a selfish communicator. What is there to be done? Who else can I clear things up with, for both of our benefits?
I'm interested in finding ways that people can communicate. I know we are all the same, I know we work the same way, if I could only find that secret to being that allows me to show that to people. What's my concern? What am I scared about? Well, maybe I am just scared I won't be ok. Maybe the only reason I care about people is because I need them to help me.
I was so mad at Joel today, so much so that I accused him of stealing and lying. What had happened was that our communication had broken down for so long, and was in desperate need of maintenance, that I had to get livid to actually speak to him. It didn't have anything to do with him, despite my finding whomever I could for agreement. So what, he thinks differently, so what he doesn't do what I want. He loves me, and cares about me, and that's all that really matters. Love is all you need, that is true. I feel it. Sure, it feels good to have someone do what you want them to do. Yeah, it's nice to have someone say nice things about you. I say, take those moments and cherish them, but root out all those situations in your life that need to be looked at, because that's what stealing your life away. That's what's taking you away from being a true contribution to this world, and to your friends, and to your family. Prepare for them, expect them. This wonderful brain, and big heart we've been given must be used. If we don't, that's ok too. That's just what animals do.
We're playing this game called life, and it's like playing monopoly with stacks of paper money, hockey with 10,000 pucks, basketball with 10 foot legs. This game of life is rigged for happiness, contribution, love, fun, excitement. Be angry, be bitter, hate that person - but you can settle it NOW if you a) strive to understand the other person b) look deep inside yourself as to what you're really angry at c) don't take it personal d) risk hurting, and being hurt e) stick with it
Nobody teaches you how to do this, and until the school system changes, we have got to learn it on our own.

It's been a tough time recently, and all of my creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment