This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Day 2 All munged up

So the dinner went well, and ate the leftovers today. Bonnie made a stew type thing of lentils, coconut milk, potatoes, onions, garlic, curry spices. There was a salad that consisted of spinach, arugula, pepper, mango, BRAGG sauce. I thought there might have been mung beans in there somewhere, cause I'm really munged up today. A nice stirfry with an array of veggies. She had invited Lisa and Stephan, who were recently engaged. Really good food, and great company despite them all flaunting their ability to drink a nice white wine in front of me. Ended up going to "Laughs at the Legion" with a host of amazing local comics. Laughter is so crucial to any recovery let alone a major supplement to life in general. When's the last time you laughed so hard you cried?

From an incident that happened during the dinner/stand-up comedy after bit, also remembered the key to healthy relationships is communication. Long story short - I ended up going to the comedy show alone, and Bonnie came later. Neither of us had really gotten clear as to the expectations of the night, and we both ended up frustrated and angry at each other. The good news though was that after some bitchy moments aimed at each others' faces, we were able to get rid of some tension, and come to a better understanding of each other. Conflict resolution can never occur if you're scared of conflict. From someone who is 'scared of conflict', I say get in there, and don't stop until it's resolved!

Now, back to the leftovers: problem was it was so good I ended up eating way too much, and got a stomach ache again. I thought that all I had to do was eat vegan and all my troubles would go away. It seems my body is trying to figure this change out, and I had some uncomfortable moments in the water closet if you know what I mean. I've had plenty of these through the years, and never concerned myself until I started connecting this with the harsh realities of cancer in industrialized nations. Colorectal cancer is the 2nd or third commonest in industrial nations as per www.drbenkim.com/colon-clean-healthy.html. Ok, you've got my attention now!

In the very least, irritable bowel syndrome is the first probable cause. So, I ended up going to a friend's party nonetheless, and invited another friend who was going through a hard time. It was so good to just 'be' with everybody - no worries about whether I was good enough, or if they liked me. I turned my focus onto THEM. How are they doing? What's going on in their lives? Do they need a helping hand, or someone to talk to? My problems, my tiredness, my concerns all melted away.

I had an interesting conversation with a fellow who sells water machines. Not just filtered water, this machine does everything from separate acid and alkine water to convert it's energy. I've been hearing lots about the connections between highly acidic diets and cancer, specifically inflammation. My friend Ken was the first to tell me about it. Before it's not too late, I want to take a look at it. Here's a good list of alkaline foods if you're interested in balancing that out. www.ctds.info/chart.html Maybe it is too late for me, but at least I feel powerful in taking control. Before I spend $2200 on his machine, I want to take care of the cheap and easy stuff first. I wonder if this journey is going to lead me to being a 'raw foodist'. If I get more energy, less pain, better moods I'd start my own freakin' garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment