This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


When Fruit Flies Attack!


Put some banana peels, bits of mango and pina into a bag and leave it there for a few days. Also, make sure you're about 350 km from the Amazonian equator. You will see thousands of fruit flies amass, and when you disturb the bag, they will fly around so vigorously that several bump into you trying to figure out what the problem is. Either way, just trust me when I say I was quite a sight for sore eyes with said bag on the back of the motorbike, fruit flies in tow, looking for a garbage can.

From gross to gordo, I like the food so far in Brasil. The little deep fried batter wrapped sausages, chicken, and eggs with hamburger are a great starter for breakfast, getting some much needed fat into the system for a long day. I met someone who speaks English from Guyana yesterday omg it was such a relief I'm going back there as much as I can to get things translated. Her restaurant was the one where I first explored these deep fried wonders. Get....... In....... My............ Belly!!!! Tired of paying $2 for bottles of water, I invested in a large container, and will be filling my smaller bottles from there, getting my deposit back before i leave.

And to go from food to Yvette, a French friend who can cook, who, when I mentioned my opinion on her bravery to do all the things she does, replied that it was a result of having lots of responsibility as a child. I believe it is crucial to give children some sort of responsibility at an early age. Something that, if they do not take care of it, or work towards it, there can be consequences. All I can think of now is, feeding the chickens for example. You don't feed the chickens, they die or get sick, and the family doesn't eat. Giving them a gerbil? So what if the gerbil dies? Give kids something that's meaningful, something that contributes to the family. Every human being wants to contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment