This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Killing

Name one person who really annoys you. Got it? Good. Why do they annoy you? I think about what annoys people about me. I think it's impossible for anyone who likes to meet a wide variety of personalities and cultures to be universally liked. Unless you're friggen Gandhi. No, I'm giving up on it too easy.
I've been learning how to be liked by people for many years, and it's a fascinating subject. Well, I'm sure the British didn't like Gandhi too much. I'm sure Chapman didn't like John Lennon and his 'fakeness', and thought it a good idea to shoot him in the back. I wonder if this act satiated him. Interviews in recent history have shown him to be repentant, but you can't argue with the finality of death, or the victim's killer. The act is complete and done. As animals, will we always have the urge to kill, or can society as a whole transcend it? Good men have killed, hell our country has killed good men.
So, I'm thinking about all the people I've killed off in my life, shut down, moved on, judged and cared less whether I would ever see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment