This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


In danger of losing relevance

Writing as an exploration of life. Who really cares about my life? Who cares about what happens in my day? People want to experience their own lives, and I have no business telling anyone how to live, or how to experience life.

Agreed, but what if one person decided not to jump off a bridge tonight because of what he or she read here? What if one person chose to talk to their mother for the first time in 17 years? Would people say, "Who cares about that? You're not changing the world!" Maybe. What I can assure you, though, is that it changes my life to share, and if I am the only one who decides to keep on living, then this blog is doing its job. Now, if each and every one of us had a purpose, we'd be getting somewhere.

The bonus is that someone's suffering from anxiety and depression lifts for only a moment. The constant onslaught of media, our social network, and most importantly our inner thoughts, plague our natural born desires for health and well-being. No one knows who to believe anymore, and only an 'expert' in the field knows what they are talking about. My uncle's hands were starting to shake recently, and fearful thoughts of Parkinson's Disease were coming up. Now, what kind of medication would be prescribed for that condition? What other options are there? Are doctors really the only people who know the answer? Does someone who goes to Medical School for 12 years have all the answers? I've been going to the school of life for 38 years and I can admit that the more I think I know, the less I actually do. My dad, who has been a farmer for 70 years, suggested it was stress that may have been causing the shakes.

I am not saying that no doctor can be trusted, I am only inviting you to be absolutely certain that the decisions you make for your mind and body are ones where you have done enough research, and assessed all the options, are educated ones in the least. Making decisions for your children obviously follow the same rule.

To conclude, I urge you to be conscious of all the messages you receive every day about what is right, or what is good for you. TV commercials, magazines, internet pop up ads zing at you 100 miles an hour, and they are designed to enter your subconscious in such a way that you are not even aware. What does society consider attractive? What is really important in your life? Who's opinion is the right one?

Seriously put yourself, right now, in a hospital bed with mere moments of belaboured breathing left in your tiny, frail body. Who is around you? What memories do you have of your life? Was it important to you that you contributed to others? Do you feel you made the world a better place?

If you need some more visualizations, watch Eva Markvoort's last days on her video. Eva's struggle with Cystic Fibrosis was documented over 2 years. In the final days, her lungs were filled with mucus after a double lung transplant failed. www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjinOU7LR0k

No comments:

Post a Comment