This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Good Intentions and Lawyers

Strange world this, this world of lawyers. My friend is a counsellor whom I will not mention names as the issue has become litigious. Basically, my friend specializes in drug and alcohol interventions, and successfully helped a young man get into rehab and dry-out facility. The father of the man had not been notified, or asked permission, and is now suing my friend. I totally get that people must follow a code of conduct, and that we make mistakes, and those mistakes should not go unnoticed. But I think it ridiculous first, that that father somehow 'owns' his son, or that the son is somehow his 'property' and the father's permission must be given before anything happens. We cannot own a person anymore than we can own a piece of land. It's a silly little game that people play, and if you want to go and put up signs on 'your land' that says "No Trespassing" go ahead, that's a battle I'm not going to fight, but when a fellow member of society does something good for another, or does something that is good in their heart, who has the right to stop them? Angry right now. Not condoning anarchy, but what is possible if ownership did not exist, but instead responsibility, and if responsibility, we would all of us, every single one of us, be responsible for that young man's well-being.
How about a jury of 12, made up of uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, parents, and they decide what to do with him?

No comments:

Post a Comment