This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Calm

With all the challenges of holidaying with parents, it must seem impossible at times to remain calm in their presence. I remember speaking to a well-balanced and nice-natured front desk clerk at the Hotel MacDonald in Edmonton who said she loved her family and that her parents were considered her best friends. Another friend of mine hasn't spoken to his mom in 17 years, and he is barely holding onto his job. I know none of you will let me generalize anything here, but I would invite you to just consider the importance of healthy parental bonds in society. What would the world look like if every single one of us had strong, considerate, helpful and loving parents who could do anything? What if that child-like feeling we had of our parents that they were super-heros never went away?

Let's not confuse being a super-hero with being perfect. We all still loved Superman when he grew a beard and started roughing people up in the wrecking lot, we were just a little concerned about him. We knew he would come back to his original good self. I'm going to stop there while I'm sorta ahead. Tune in later for the Tiger Woods saga. We'll see if we can make some sense of that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment