This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


The Time Has Come

On the road towards home for the first time since April 22nd....its May 20 which is weird because I could have sworn it has been 6 weeks. I noticed my entry visa was valid for only 30 days, and Ive been worrying all morning about how to get that settled at the border! Now, the chronic worrier cant find much to worry about, except the leaking oil, which I will just have to deal with. I will say goodbye to Ezequiel the mechanic knowing hes done his best...... but that wont stop me from getting one last bit of help from him today.

I want to be in Guatemala by Sunday.

What a trip it has been this month. A week sleepless on the beach, a couple weeks on a volcano island. Now there´s a crying baby and because its not mine its incredibly annoying. ..... Continue practicing patience...... anyone who knows me well knows it is not my forte.

I am taking a friend back to the Nicaragua-costa rica border, then turning around, and having my mechanic plug up the oil leaks as best he can. Dave from New Life, the mechanic in Williams Lake, suggested I take all that silicone that this guy has put on and take it off, replacing it with JB weld, a liquid metal compound. Loath to do that up til now, in case I had to get back into parts but I am not going to be selling this bike. I will donate it to the Stettler Museum after I am finished using it, if they would appreciate it, of course. The patchwork engine will make for a good story and be inspirational to some, crazy to others. A story nonetheless.

I am happy. I am happy with what I have, and dont have. I am eternally grateful to myself for giving myself this gift, this journey. I am the same Jason, but I love that Jason a bit more. And everything else is just a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment