This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Let's Climb

Walking up to the town to find Hospedaje Central, I stare down a guy on a motorbike, and he's doing the same. "No way! It's Steffan from the columbia-panama boat" I mump on his Africa Twin 750n and we head back to his hostel, where we meet the german owner, andlater, Juan, the owner of the 1800 godwing. Sleep well that nigvht in a drom room of 6, but I guess I should tell everyone I sleep talk. That's right. 39 year old still talking away. I can hear my mom right now "did you take your vitamin B's? No. I didn't". Anyways, it was fine. Just a laugh I'm sure.

I forgot to write about Jason's purple shorts. In fact this blog should be called 'The Color Purple'. Briefly, I see a group of Nicaraguan gbuys on the beach, trying to sneak up on guys and throw a pair of purple shorts over some unsuspecting head. They were mine. I wasn't looking for them, but I do remember looking for them last time I was on the beach. So, I just let them have their fun. They got more than 45 minutes out of that gag. My purple shorts.

The walk started today at 520 am. Treacherous at times, and most satisfying. Felt alive, felt good, felt real, felt myself. Funny how a walk up an island volcano does that to you. Reached the summit at about 11am then headed back down with our guide. $25 is how much gave the guide after almoset 12 hours of taking care of us. There was a slight tip.

a video from the summit, about 1600 m above sea level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAXqLwuTZtk

Btw, the pics were downloaded in opposite timeline. Gotta stop doing that!


















































































































































































































4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pic of the clouds. Amazing! Wonderfilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hike like that reminds a person that heaven is on earth and that we forget sometimes that that kind of beauty exists. I have felt the mist across my soul before and I know how powerful it can be to look down from high above and feel the peace of the mountain top. I am there in spirit brother.

    Cole

    come visit Taiwan sometime and we can hike the mountains here. Thats when I always feel the most alive.

    ReplyDelete