This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Tough NUt

I had regretted my decision to take on the teaching job, but felt it necessary to go down to Olla Que Mada, as I had given my word to do so. The music, and company turned out to be wonderful, and I casually conversed and teased with most everyone at the table. Turned out to be a great night, but much too much rum and coke. The morning was filled with dread, but I walked it out, and came up with some ideas for the class.

By the time I had gotten to Quetzal Trekkers, I was hoping secretly that they wouldnt answer the door. I just felt sick at the thought of having to go into a classroom again. Well, I did it, and I was fine. The administrator praised me, and said he had never seen the students so engaged before. But I just wasnt comfortable, and was looking at the watch, hoping for it to end.

I whiled away the afternoon watching Braveheart for the first time. Like the story of Che, a man dies for what he believes in, betrayed by the very people he stood to die for. Like Jesus. There was something that I related to there, being so virtuous in my love for people, then hating them for not idolizing me.

I am not sure if I am the only one to develop a coping strategy of ..... if I dont succeed at something Im actually denying to myself that I enjoy or feel comfortable at, I need to work harder and make it work, because if I dont I am a failure.

The afternoon was spent dreaming about what a job would look like that I actually felt comfortable in. I would excel like nobodys business, and be in the top of my field in only a few years. Thats whats on the line.

Inspired also to realize that we share the same cells as plant life, only our cells have adapted to a slightly different way of existing.

1 comment:

  1. Now for you Be right back. I am so glad you went to class. I knew you'd do a good job. Open-mouth smile You always do.In love

    Too bad you feel so uncomfortable about doing something you are so good at. Life is hard
    when you are a PERFECTIONIST.Wink -M.

    ReplyDelete