This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


We Ain't Stoppin' Yet

I'm just taking the world by storm everyday now. Of course I'm gentle about it! Regardless of feelings or thoughts, I'm just going out and starting things, creating things. I thought the motorbike had a serious problem, so I called Dave and Fenton, the owners of New Life in Williams Lake, and Daytona in Vancouver respectively, for advice. Instead of being shy and 'not bothering anyone' I thought I would anyways. Some great ideas, and words of encouragement for the continued journey. After it all, turns out the battery lost it's charge and is working fine now after a couple hour zap.

While I was waiting for all of this, I walked into a doctor's office to take a breather in the A/C. Was about 35 today. I asked the ladies about a massage, and they were friendly but not too helpful. A young woman came up and asked if I spoke German. Nope. She said she'd take me to the massage place by her house anyways. When asked about places to drink and dance, she said she was a Christian and did neither. Oh, I said, let's go see your church! I'll be there for the Sunday 930 service. So, we jumped in her car and drove there, but the lady wasn't there. So we went to another 1 place before finding one that could take an appointment. That's today at 4 pm $70R for one hour full body. Jordana asked what nationality she was A: "Italian"....... I asked her if she was 'bonita'. No response chill ran through the air.

Then, I followed my bliss and went back to the juice shop I found last Saturday after our football game. I had the jar of Acai again, and it was so good. I saw a table of beautiful women sitting there that had watched me as I came in, and was building up the nerve to go and talk to them. What do I say? How do I say it? I was studying my portuguese book like mad.........

A fellow was walking by asking if anyone wanted to buy pirated movies. I've spent $100R on movies at the Hobby Video Store in 5 weeks, so I thought I'd save the trip and see what he had. Sure enough, he had 'Despicable Me', an animated flick that the video store did not possess. And it actually worked later that night, although I had to persist and try two different movie viewers.

Finally I got up to pay the bill, and decided to ask the cook about acai and whether it can be grown here in Boa Vista. While I was doing that, a guy who spoke a bit of English overheard me, and invited me to sit down and talk about it more. From that, I followed him to his home and church by motorbike, where they were having a twice monthly ayahuasca ceremony. He is also giving me a tour of his fazenda (farm) on Saturday.

So, just a whole lot of life created simply from putting my desires out into the world for others to hear. Now to find some pirahna and tambaqui to fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment