This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


The Best Job

I have the best job in the world. Pay is non-existent, long hours, boring as hell sometimes but it is still the best job. That job is to create a one-of-kind mixture of past, present and future of me, now. Always NOW. To be the best me - one that is grace under pressure and hardship, patient in times of loneliness or confusion, a guy that lights up a room for people when all they see is darkness, and one who always remembers to come back to centre camp, 'home', whenever things get too much.

I enjoy my own company. Company. The business of me. And because I am connected to everything around me, organic, and inorganic, the business of me is one in which everyone, and everything around me profits.

Part of that will be to find a place to stay in Rio de Janeiro during the busiest, and most expensive time of the year, Carnaval. Couch Surfing, and old ESL students will be my first order of business. I've got to have a replacement lid on my coleman built out of wood, and an oil leak fixed. Also, polish some more Portuguese, and look for interesting, engaging things, like a fishing trip on the amazon, or an acai berry farm. Money will all sort itself in the end, ups and downs. Always has, and always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment