This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


People



When do I really need to be around people? I can play video games, watch TV, go to work, eat, sleep and basically do things by myself, for myself for, oh, I'd say, about a month, maybe two. Then, I start getting feeling a bit off, so I start working harder, focussing on myself harder, spending more time by myself. It's my version of insanity.....trying the same thing with more intensity. So, now, on this life changing journey, I thought why not try a new way of living? A new way of not worrying, a new way of doing what needs to be done, and making every connection with other human beings count.

People! Fun, interesting, engaging, beautiful, thought-provoking. People! People! People!!!!! Let's throw out the cellphones, computers, TV's and get back to having fun with People!!! Real, live people!!!!!

From almost 5 weeks of hardly a soul to talk to, I have a full 3 days of activities. This morning, I met Pimentel (from the Guarana shop) close to 8 am, and we went to his small farm (12 hectare; = ???? acres) and I went walking around. Down at the River, I fooled around with the camera, then saw the trucks pick up sand for something. Then I trespassed through a barbed wire gate, and acted like I could be found out at any moment........ it was excilarating! Note to self: need some form of danger/excitement from time to time! I also bided the time by trying to catch lizards (which Pimentel correctly predicted failure) and helping water all his plants. They are still in bags waiting to plant in the rainy season in April.

Then Pimentel and I worked on fashioning a new lid for my cooler. He convinced me he would like to spend some more time on it, and have a Brazilian gift to take back to Canada. So I'm going back there tomorrow at 4......... if I can find his house again!!!!

Then my 4 pm meeting with the football guys from last week. Soon we were playing 4 on 4, then 7 on 7, then 6 on 6. I was the quarterback, and we scored 4 touchdowns to their 2 this night. There was a moment when one of the players tried to take control of the huddle, but even though I didn't know how it was all going to go down, I took back control and called all the shots. Nice to have it work out, and the guys liked learning all the positions and English words. One of our players was basically fluent in English. We all went for Suco de Guarana after, and it just felt so damn good to be part of a team.

OH MY GODZILLA I WANT TO SCREAM!!!! I WANT TO LOVE, I WANT TO FEEL LOVE I WANT TO BE PART OF THE WORLD I HAVE SO MUCH ROOM IN MY HEART I CAN I CAN I CAN I CAN I CAN!!!!! CAN'T EVER MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME BUT CAN BE HERE RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW COURAGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment