This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.

My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.


Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me:

The Elements

Alfredo introduced me to his novya and family and we talked about Canada. Always a bit nervous as I feel people think that immigrating would make their lives better; more jobs, more money, more things........ less family? Realized how out of practice I was just sitting and chatting, or sitting and listening from being out on the road alone so much. His sister make me some chicken and potato stew for breakfast, then we went and washed the bike then he ushered me out of town. Drove all day until about 10 pm when the rains became torrential. Finding a nice porch area seemed deserted I set up camp for the night. Felt an odd sense of calm, security and inner peace despite being in a foreign country on somone's property - didn't have to pay, or worry about talking with anyone - just set up my bed and bike and went to sleep, not waking up until 5 am. Had a little buddy chat and watch as I set up, and said goodbye to Palomino, Columbia at 7 to reach the border at around 1230. All smooth, until the Customs office was closed with visions of christmas spent at the border -eek. Finally a guy opened up the door and got things going - he put on a bit of an 'official' air and freaked when I took out my camera to take a picture of Chavez's portrait. Every border town has a bit of desperation, but I was committed to staying positive and strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Videos of my journey