This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Colon


With conflicting views whether there was a ferry to Cartagena Columbia I decide to go into Colon anyways, winding through streets that look like they've been bombed. I luck out and find a cafe to relieve my bloated bladder, and an official looking guy walks out, and I promptly ask him where the ferry is, if it exists. He sent me on my way, and with 2 other helpers found my way to the Raddison, where the local kids resort to rollerblades to get around. So, I am now looking for this ferry, and if I find it, I will be on it for the next 3 days. Love to all.

Everybody's got a story that will break your heart!

2 comments:

  1. Cate S, linked you on facebook.

    I was in Panama in 2004. I didn't go to Colon, I wanted to but I was given the impression it was lawlessly dangerous, and after being drugged and almost shanghai'd at knifepoint in Istanbul the year before, and just managed to get out of that by the skin of our teeth as i realized minutes before things were about to go very wrong in my stupor that something was amiss... i thought i would err on the side of caution.

    Props to you for going there, without incident, like a boss. Now tell me this, did you actually bike the Darien Gap? That would be badasss

    -bobby n

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that must have been a scary situation! Glad you made it back. About the Darien, I was always tempted, but 1) my bike is a cruiser which makes it difficult 2) there really is no actual road. So, a different bike is possible. I wasn't worried about the columbians stealing the bike/hostage etc. but I was about the terrain! So, I took a boat from Colon to Necocle, which was a whopping $800 US

    ReplyDelete