This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Maids


Cleaned up some areas and hung up some Carnaval decorations Katia had from a previous year. At the end of the Carnaval, the participants take off all of their amazing glittery gear and form a massive pile. Whoever gets there first can have their pick. Usually the poor people are there, and sell pieces for $10R.

She is a ceramics artist, and spent over 7 years in Boston and Alabama attaining her Masters. Now she's a mom to 4 year old Katerina and Gabriela helps look after this massive house on the hill - more than 5 bedrooms, swimming pool, ceramics studio, patio and lots of beautiful exotic trees. The Jabuticaba - with fruits growing right off the trunk - eluded me for 6 months and found it. Mom had seen one in a picture and asked me to find it. I do what my mother wants. Always.

We go to a couch surfing event tonight and katia thinks I would do well to drive up on the motorbike. She thinks it's quite an accomplishment, and the ambassador appreciates motorbikes, so could be an ice breaker. Still very tired, but better. The normal waking up 3 or 5 times or more in the night checking my money belt and wondering whether the bike has been stolen. Naps are a must.

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"

“When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.”
Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment