This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Musings from the Post

Successful, and happy creative types, movie directors , writers, anyone who realize they are in a commodified world called Western Society, but accept they don't know how to change it, have found a way to somehow correlate their thoughts and feelings with what they see in the world. I can relate to my friend Terry, who can get really angry about some of the things that happen in the world, and human nature, but attempts to destroy relationships and people around him to somehow negate those feelings and thoughts.
"I wasn't an unhappy kid. I was a rebel, but I had fun. I never had depression. I was never an alcoholic. I was never a drug addict. God knows, many of my friends have dealt with that, but I've never had any of those tragedies. I've made a bunch of movies, I've written three books, I have a one-man show. For God's sake, I played Coachella! I've done what I was put here to do. I still work really hard and know it can end any minute, but I think I've been understood. Everyday I've got to think up something new, it never ends, but life does get easier. I've been fortunate." - John Waters.
I don't want to have people in this world luckily fall into a successful and happy life. We are all human, and the skills to be this way must be learned. The first five years of a child's life are crucial. How do we intercept that pattern of violence, depression, and inability to change that occurs in people's families? It has to happen within those first 5 years, when a child's brain is developing - yes, the parent has a huge role in this.
Key, is to teach the children that they must learn to maintain a healthy mix of understanding how the world works, but also bending the world's view to their own in a loving, patient way. Seeing either the world, or yourself, as a fixed thing, can lead to serious mental and emotional problems in future undertakings. The world is a better place when we are all strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment