This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Canada Day

Canada's 143rd birthday party has come and gone, another year completed as a nation. The Salmon Festival in idyllic Steveston, B.C. was one of many venues across the country that was alive with a congregation of people on July 1st. Some were just happy to have an excuse not to work, while others undoubtedly had a more profound experience. Apparel purchased for the Vancouver Olympic Games were once again on display, and a certain national pride was evident, as youngsters by the hundreds draped their Nation's flags around their shoulders with pride.
Aside one shoving match between a couple teenaged men, the day was peaceful, fun and harmonious. Although the weather was undecided, it was clear Canadians here intended to hold an event that was inclusive to all. People of all races watched entertainment together, visited the trade shows, pigged out on cotton candy and hot dogs, and played in the waterpark. Women wearing burkas casually walked with around with their families, and the energy of children laughing filled the space.
In light of recent events in Toronto at the G20 summit, is Canada's historical matriarchal role of peace in jeopardy? After 150 soldier casualties in Afghanistan, can we really say we as a nation are supporters of multiculturalism, and global oneness? Canadians once again showed their true colours July 1st, our nation renewed once again as a beacon in this world for us all to get along and enjoy life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment