This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Peace & Quiet

After 6 days on the homestead, my mind is settling, and my heart is at peace. So quiet, so peaceful. The mosquitos' buzzing, and biting only momentarily placate my need to bliss out in the fields where I grew up, but the summer sun, and green, green grass beckon me out once again. I was shocked to hear from my cousin Larry that we indeed have wireless internet out here on the farm. Growing up with 3 channels, we have come a long way, albeit slowly, to the modern age. Irony as it is, our satellite Tv, and internet keeps us connected, and yet the silence, and beauty of the Central Albertan summer refreshes and reconnects us to nature. I don't miss the city one bit. As I meet old friends, and think about life here, I realize I've got a big story going that if I lived here, I would disappear. As if living in a big city means I matter more. Irony seems to be the code of conduct tonight, as the close connections, and community of a small town, would make you much more important to the vibrancy of the town, than anything you could do in the big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment