This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Surfing in Nicaragua

A long day of wonderful surf shook me out and now it's time to read a good book and fall asleep. Tomorrow: Costa Rica.

1 comment:

  1. Costa Rica is an amazing place of peace and healing. I actually don't think I asked you for anything on your trip so I will ask now;

    Please please please spend a few days in Costa Rica and do some yoga, go to a few meditations and have some one take you out snorkling to see all of the awesome sharks and fish there. The coral reefs are some of the best in the world. Don't worry about the sharks either btw the are very well fed and will not be hungry for humans. If you are surfing there you might attract a few curious sharks but snorkling and diving is safe as almost all of the local sharks are night hunters. Feel free to grab me a momento while you are there please. I don't know if I ever told you but I do wear proudly that necklace you brought me back from Africa ;)

    cheers
    Joel

    ReplyDelete