This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


On the road again

Here's a pic of my mechanics and their buddies. Jesus and Manuel are to the right of me. They worked on the bike for 2 days straight and finally found the pickup coil. Just missing one thing: my charger wire. That was Salina Cruz.

Ups and downs, but happy to be in Antigua Guatemala. The border crossing at Tapachula involved photocopies, aggressive mexicans trying to help for cash, stamps, pesticide wash, going back and forth, vehicle registration, pay Mexico for leaving, pay Guatemala for coming. Guatemala is different, and I am enjoying the misty green mountainous area. It's nice to hear french and english and german maybe i can speak a bit more......;-) Spanish is progressing, and i've got this far. It's been a journey, and self-acceptance as well as patience, and learning about taking care of myself have been on the agenda because i have to. It would be a shame to go home because i'm sick. i ate one chocolate confectionary yesterday and my stomach ached for most of the day and night. woke up in so much pain there and in my hips i had to do something drastic - lakota. do not use this with extra heat like i did. the black leathers in the 100 degree heat just baked me but i'm feeling better than ever! It coulda been the Taco Bell.......... ahhhhh!
The streets are alive with Celebrations of The Day of the Dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE7Wml7X0kQ

No comments:

Post a Comment