This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Garbage Part 2

Successfully seconded a wheelbarrow, shovel, rake, and gloves from the hotel to attack the fenced in area behind the area and the garbage that's been there for a while. They called back while I was gone to say they changed their minds and would have a company do it (they thought I was cleaning their property, but it's actually aways from it) Turns out it's a pile of garbage that's grown over, and I think i destroyed someone's home, if you call an Imperial Beer patio umbrella and a Xmas tree on it's side a home. I'm sure it wasn't, but I saw a guy over there rooting around. Of course I'm intruding, I'm putting my nose where it shouldn't be, but who the hell is really going to stop me cleaning up garbage? I've befriended the dogs that live there, and they know I'm alpha. The mechanic across the street knew me from a couple days ago when I took my special Coleman accesorized cooler in to be bolted on to my bike rack, and he came through the fence and up the hill just to say hi and tell me about the bike rally on Sunday in Savanna Park.

Overall, it's good timing as the dry season is coming soon, and with the cardboard, wood, plastic bags, automotive parts, and everything in between up off the ground, the beautiful pink flowers growing in spots will have a better chance to grow further. A small, insignificant act that gave me some exercise and made a quick and noticeable change. I'll be back there tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment