This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


Cien Pesos Gringo

We get down to the Presa and I´m feeling no fear. I refused to let the Narco presence scare me, and I wanted to enjoy myself and take the lead. A drunk woman asks me for a dance, and to be polite I accept. We dance with the live music on the sidewalk of the lake´s parking lot with several people drinking and egging us on. After a couple songs, the drummer starts motioning agressively to me. We finish and I come over to him. Cien pesos ($10) for dancing. I don´t understand nobody told me about this. The lady intervenes, and roman is feeling uncomfortable he says music is expensive here. I don´t understand. I don´t have any money for you. The lady is asking me for another dance and offers to pay. Finally I explode. Why I ask in spanish why do you do this nobody told me there was a charge for the music. I was furious. I tell roman we´re leaving to get some cash to pay the fucker. I realize i´m out of my element here and the narcos are everywhere. we get out of here and i try to start processing what happened. we get back home, and i let it all out in english. they knew what I meant. we decide to forget about it and move on.

1 comment:

  1. MARTIN PARRA ACEVESOctober 3, 2010 at 8:20 PM

    Amigo por donde te encuentras ahora?
    No te preocupes por lo que paso con la puta que vailo con tigo, no toda la gente es buena.. lo mas seguro es de las mujeres prostitutas de estos rumbos que por todo cobran pero no toda la gente es asi, cuando regreses te llevare a conocer lugares bellos de guamuchil, por ejemplo hay un campo de golf, podemos ir tambien a antros, es divertido guamuchil, lo unico malo de esta pequeña ciudad es que existe mucho el machismo, ademas que hay muchas personas ignorantes que no se abren al mundo ya que su mundo es solo este lugar, tu por tus vivencias y experiencias eres del tipo de ser humano del cual deverian ser todos, en mi experiencia conocer, viajar, nos permite tener una perspectiva diferente de nuestras culturas, de nuestro mundo y solo de esa manera podemos cambiar nuestras actitudes, en estos casos solo queda respetar los espacios de cada quien.
    Lo unico que me queda por desir es decerte un buen viaje y que cuentas con migo para lo que se te ofresca my house is your house.
    Your blue eyes, my heaven will be for every sunrise, only that way you'll be here.
    Saludos.

    Friend where you are now?
    Do not worry about what happened to the whore Vail with you, not everyone is good .. it is safer for women prostitutes around these parts that charging but not everyone is like this, when you get back I'll take you to beautiful places guamuchil know, for example there is a golf course, we can also go to clubs, it's fun guamuchil, the only downside of this small town is that there is a lot of machismo, there are also many ignorant people who do not open to the world and your world is just this place, you and your lives and experiences are the type of human being Deveria that be all, in my experience know, traveling, we can have a different perspective of our cultures, our world and only that way can we change our attitudes, in such cases there is only respect the space of each.
    The only thing left for me is desir decerte a good trip and that you have with me for what I offer my house is your house.
    Your blue eyes, my heaven will be for every sunrise, only that way you'll be here.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete