This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


A Brave New World

How annoying..... I know! All 0 followers have been choked that I haven't blogged in a week; I can hardly believe it myself. You ever feel like you blinked and a day, week, month, or year has just passed? When I committed to assist at a Landmark Advanced Course seminar back in December, I thought at the time March 26th was a light year away. It has now come and gone, and I find myself readily aware of how little action I have taken towards the journey south to Rio. My goal of $7000 in the bank by the end of March is already $2000 on the optimistic side. It's not worrying me, in fact I'm quite excited about reaching my goal - I haven't been excited about money in a long time. There isn't an attachment to it's value, just simply playing the game to get it.
There were so many amazing breakthroughs from the weekend, but the one that stands out is about health. Stomach aches, joint pain, tired and restless has been my reality for two years. May 2007 I decided teaching English as a Second Language was too difficult for me, promptly quit, and proceeded to lay in bed for 3 weeks frozen in fear. It was severe enough I considered going to a Mental Health Hospital for an extended stay. My parents were obviously concerned and gave me the option to move back to Stettler, Alberta (It's the small town of 5,000 people that I grew up in) The next morning I had made my decision to stick it out in Vancouver and figure a way out. Unfortunately the distress I had caused myself that summer left a lingering health complaint that soon doubled and tripled into related issues. Since I was just glad to be alive again, I ignored it. Eventually I hit a point with my health where the writing was on the wall - change something or risk severe health issues, not to mention sacrificing my present moments. What would be the cost of me ignoring this further?

No comments:

Post a Comment