This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


A Final Post






















What. a. journey. Words cannot describe. Fantastic? Wasteful? Awesome? Stupid? Inspiring? Indulgent? Arrogant? Unbelievable? Crazy? Transformative? Insane? Unforgettable?

I had made a work-related commitment for 8 am Thursday morning, so I was anxious to stick to my word. When my tire blew out 60 kilometres west of Jasper, Alberta Monday afternoon, I was still confident I could make it, and I did. There was a lot of begging, and phoning, and staying positive: the same things that got me through 16 countries (many twice), and many mishaps over more than 47,000 kilometres. My friend told me that is at least once around the globe.

I am proud of myself. I feel transformed. Will it stick, I wonder? Every day is a new day, and nothing from the past can be counted on to make my life wonderful in the present. It is only the courage, acting in the now, that can make any difference.

I am more than a 'talking head' now. I have proven to myself that what I believe about humanity is true. We only need one thing in this world to feel happy, accomplished, complete, and at peace within ourselves: each other.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jason,
    my name is Luis, and I had the pleasure to meet you when you were riding in the Colombian roads.
    My wife sometimes asked me if I ever contacted you, well I am doing it now. Better late than never!!!
    I just want to do something similar to what you did someday, it takes a lot courage, strength and craziness to jump into such adventure. hope everything is going well for you,
    Mi sincere admiration, Regards,

    Luis Lopez
    luiselopez39@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete