This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


My way


Sinatra's song has played more than once in my ears on this trip, and it was time to listen. I know a lot of people warned me against sleeping on the side of the road, but I wanted to. I thought about making forts as kids, and how secure and safe I felt. Searching out a place on a deserted side road about half a km from a town, I set up my home, and it was comfy. far enough from the road, although still could hear traffic, and some grass cover to avoid unneccessary attention. Woke up with a renewed sense of purpose. Tired of feeling crazy, different and weird, i just want to do it my way. whether it works or not, it going to me my way. ive come too far on this journey to do it the way someone else suggests. you know what im feeling stronger and more confident. sure a bit more grouchier, but there is a link between doing it your way and happiness. restrictions rules and not being yourself can lead to serious mental conditions. and thats where pharmaceutical companies take their ounce of flesh.

im not enjoying my journey lately. i need to get settled, and meet some locals. i need to speak some english and express myself. i need to stop worrying about money. life is so short. of course i worry about being old, and not having anything. I think of simon bolivar, who liberated many countries down here died lonely, destitute and dissolutioned in Columbia. What the hell is the use of getting so worried about all these things when thats where it leads you? All the fame, glory love and adoration he gets now is not felt or experienced by him. His last thoughts and feelings were probably dark, depressing and extremely sad. BUT, he did use his life for something valuable so the key is to stay buoyed.

Thinking lots about immigration. I dont think it does a damn thing to help the countries from where these people are immigrating from. the best, the brightest and arguably the richest leave the country with their tails between their legs, to return maybe for holidays. Who else is going to have the power to make change in these countries if everyone wants to leave???? the only ones who stay are either seriously committed to their country, or simply cant. 10x the people are born into these countries every year compared to number of immigrants, so who is staying there to educate, to build to grow to help? meanwhile, we get richer, and fatter, and selfish. you dont see any paris hiltons down here.........

Heres the thing our countries WANT to keep these countries down. keep their currencies down, throw them a bit of money that alot goes to the government and not the people. As long as people are still having 6 or 7 kids, and no money to support them, theres going to be a problem. The third world needs to teach themselves how to think, how to think in a way that pulls them out of their predicament, not learn how to beg better, how to make a better sign for help. Then, youre just enabling yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment