This blog's for ME

Almost 25 years old, asking my parents if I can sleep in their bed with them. I had thought I was going to be the 25th Prime Minister of Canada. Things had changed. 10 years later, I was still a scared little boy. The time had come to slap myself awake. One Saturday morning, November 19th, 2009, I declared to the world I would be riding my 10 year-old motorcycle from Vancouver, BC Canada to Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, and back.

The official departure was August 28th, 2010. A group of well-wishers saw me off at 8:03 am.

I arrived in Rio de Janeiro around 6 pm March 1st, 2011.



My return to Vancouver came on July 5th, 2011 about 2:00 pm.

Drug & alcohol abuse, ADD, social anxiety, health, chronic pain, night terrors.

So many concerns. But I am far more interested in this question: Do I have the capacity to make this trip despite all my shortcomings?

My mission: To inspire myself to face my fears, enlighten myself on how all living things can peacefully co-exist, enjoy every moment, and see the world as plentiful and generous.

Go ahead. Call me crazy. Call me anything you like.

I'm out to save my world.



I LOVE YOU ALL



Questions, comments, concerns, threats? Contact me: jason.chapman99@gmail.com


A Parent's Concern

I finally had to tell mom "It's going to be ok". The final moments of departure from the farm were filled with concerns of this or that. Once I was able to find the ipod that my sister hid on me (she actually told me where she put it, but I had forgotten), I was assured. A quick, and simple goodbye Chapman style was performed at the gas station, and I put my hand on my mom's head and told her "I'll see you soon". Iknow this experience has been very difficult for them, but despite their feelings and fears, they came through for me with an outpouring of huge support. From dad's I let them. Mom even thought she had to tell me Burt Cox used to wear these gloves every winter shovelling snow for me to wear them. I would have tried them anyways, but she was right, and I'm glad as they have saved my fingers through the cold morning. I am simply in awe of a parent's love, who, will do everything in their power to convince you to be safe, and still support you in doing what you need to do to feel alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment